1. Place beans, onion and garlic in a pot. Add tea or water and bring to the boil over medium heat.
2. Reduce heat and simmer with a lid for 5-7 minutes or until the veggies are almost tender. Stir once during this time.
3. Meanwhile, mix cornflour paste with lemon juice and rind, vinegar, curry powder, turmeric and sugar or honey.
4. Add cornflour mixture to the veggies and stir well to coat. Simmer with a lid for another 5-7 minutes or until the sauce thickens. The beans and onions should be cooked, but the beans should still be green and crunchy and well coated with the sauce.
5. Stir in the salt. Allow to cool and serve at room temperature.
1. Prepare the recipe as above, but leave out the green beans. Stir any tin of well-drained beans of your choice into the sauce, simmer as above and allow to cool.
2. The thickness of the green beans will determine the cooking time.
3. Any leftover curried beans can be stored in a sterilised container for up to two weeks.