1. Dressing: Mix half the milk and the rest of the ingredients until well combined, without any lumps.
2. Pour mixture into a small pot and bring to a gentle simmer over a low heat, while stirring continuously. The sauce will start to thicken after 2-3 minutes, but don’t let it boil too fast.
3. Season with more lemon juice and pepper to taste. Spoon sauce into a bowl, stir in remaining milk and allow to cool.
4. Salad: Place broccoli in a large bowl and cover with boiling water. Allow to stand for 10-12 minutes or until bright green and still crunchy. Drain well and rinse with cold water to stop the cooking process. Drain very well and pat dry.
5. Mix broccoli with apple and celery in a large bowl. Toss through the sauce and sprinkle with seeds. Serve immediately.
1. Toast sunflower seeds in a dry pan, without any oil, over a medium heat until golden brown. Take care as they burn easily.