Make a big batch of this soup and freeze in lunchsized portions for work. It is also perfect as a light supper – keep any left-overs for lunch.
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) sunflower or olive oil...
A chickpea dip, also known as hummus, is traditionally made with tahini which is a sesame seed paste. Tahini however can be expensive or difficult to find. By roasting half of the chickpeas with...
- 1 cup (250 ml) uncooked brown lentils
- ½ tsp (2,5 ml) salt
- 2 tsp (10 ml) dried origanum
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) sunflower or olive oil
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) red wine...
Chicken nuggets or crumbed chicken is a firm favourite, but unfortunately often unhealthy as it is deep-fried. These chicken strips are coated in polenta or mealie meal which adds an extra crunch ...
- 1 tsp (5 ml) sunflower or olive oil
- 2 chicken breasts on the bone, skin removed
- ⅓ cup (80 ml) rooibos tea
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 medium tomatoes, cubed
- ¼ cucumber, cubed
- 2 medium carrots, quatered and sliced
- 1 slice feta, cubed
- 2 x 410 g tin chickpeas or beans of your choice,...
A versatile spread to enjoy with veggies, on bread or in a sandwich.
- 1 x 420 g tin pilchards in tomato sauce, drained, but keep the sauce
- 125 g plain low-fat cottage cheese...
These easy and tasty little fish cakes are perfect to get kids to eat more veggies – especially at lunchtime. You could add different flavours or spices to the mixture, such as paprika or dried ...
- 8 eggs
- ½ cup (125 ml) water
- ½ tsp (2,5 ml) salt black pepper to taste
- 2 tsp (10 ml) sunflower or olive oil
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) fresh herbs of your choice, like...