Chocolate Custard pudding
This velvety pudding has lots of flavour and very little sugar.
READY IN: 40 MINUTES
1 tbsp (15 ml) sugar
3 tbsp (45 ml) cornflour
3 tbsp (45 ml) cocoa powder
¼ tsp (1,2 ml) ground cinnamon
2 cups (500 ml) low-fat milk
1 tsp (5 ml) vanilla essence
4 small (400 g) ripe pears with the skin, cut in wedges
¼ cup (60 ml) chopped almonds
1. Mix sugar, cornflour, cocoa and cinnamon with a little milk to form a paste.
2. Gently heat remaining milk in a small saucepan. Add some warm milk to the paste and stir into the milk.
3. Stir continuously over a medium heat until thickened. Remove from the heat and stir in the vanilla.
4. Divide hot mixture into 4 small bowls or cups. Allow to cool and chill in the fridge.
Serve with fresh pears and 1 tbsp (15 ml) chopped nuts per person. Alternatively, serve as a warm custard over the pears.
1. For a special treat, grate 1-2 small blocks of dark chocolate over the hot pudding.
2. To serve as a custard, add ½ cup (125 ml) extra milk.
3. Omit the cornflour to serve as a hot cocoa drink.
* Plus 1 hour cooling time
NUTRITIONAL INFO PER PORTION:
Energy 1 061 kj
Protein 7,8 g
Fat 8,8 g
Carbohydrates 29,5 g
Salt 0,3 g